Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Show Page Contents
If you want to customize your mouse performance, it is a good idea to change the sensitivity of the mouse. The problem is that many individuals do not know how to do that. Most of the operating systems allow you to change the sensitivity of the mouse in a few seconds. That is why; today, we will highlight how to change mouse sensitivity in 3 different operating systems.
You can conduct trial and error to figure out which sensitivity level is good enough for you. Once you set the right sensitivity level, it becomes easy for you to reduce the response time and become more efficient.
You can make a number of customizations to the mouse sensitivity when you learn how to access the Mouse Properties window, such as the pointer, double-click, or wheel speeds
Let us first look at the step-by-step procedure for changing the mouse sensitivity in Windows.
1. You have to click the start button and the gear icon to the left bottom side of the menu and select “Control panel”
2. After that, you have to click on devices. Move the “Speed” bar in the Double-Click Speed section.
3. You have to select the mouse options to access the Mouse Properties window and then and go to the additional pointer options tab.
4. Click the pointer options tab, you will find a range bar to adjust the mouse sensitivity and click “ok”.
5. You have to deselect the enhance pointer precision option. The precision takes into account the physical mouse movement to determine its sensitivity. Since you need constant sensitivity, it is advisable to deselect this option.
6. Then, you have to try moving your mouse pointer before clicking the apply and okay button. You can once again change the sensitivity in the same box before you finally click apply and click “ok”.
7. Once you have set the right sensitivity, all you need to do is to click the apply and okay button and close the control panel window.
The entire procedure will take a minute or so. You can change your mouse sensitivity easily when using the Windows 10 operating system.
We will now help you understand how you can change mouse sensitivity on Mac. In most operating systems, changing the sensitivity of the mouse is relatively easy. That is why, when you’re using Mac or Windows, you will not have to spend a lot of time doing so.
1. Click the Apple logo in the top left corner to open the Apple menu.
2. From the drop-down menu, you have to then select the system preferences option.
3. You have to either choose a trackpad or mouse. If you’re using a laptop, you have to select the trackpad option. If you’re using a desktop, you have to choose the mouse option. The choice should be according to the hardware.
4. After that, you have to move the slider labeled the pointer speed. It will help you adjust the pointer speed of the mouse pointer and its sensitivity.
5. If the mouse pointer moves too swiftly, you can reduce the pointer speed by moving the speed slider to the left. You have to fine-tune the settings before clicking the close option.
6. After that, you have to exit the system preferences window, which will automatically save the settings.
The procedure to change mouse sensitivity on Mac is quite simple as well. It will not take you a lot of time to do so if you follow the process above.
Lastly, we will help you understand how you can change the mouse sensitivity on the chrome book.
1. You have to first open the menu by clicking the button at the bottom right of your screen. Move the “Speed” bar in the Double-Click Speed section.
2. You have to type setting’s in the menu and click on the first option after that.
3. You will notice the mouse and touchpad settings box, and you have to scroll down till you find the mouse and touchpad subsection.
4. From this subsection, you will be able to change the sensitivity with the help of the slider on offer.
5. Once you set it to proper levels, you have to exit the window.
As you can see, it is relatively easy to change mouse sensitivity in the chrome book as well.
1. If you want to change the DPI level of your gaming mouse, you will need to do so with the help of the DPI button in your mouse. Irrespective of the operating system which you are using, clicking the DPI button of your mouse will change its setting. Most of the modern mouse models offer at least three different DPI levels.
2. If you face any issues in making the mouse more sensitive even after changing the sensitivity through the operating system, chances are there might be an accumulation of dirt in your mouse. You should try to clean the bottom of your mouse so that it can move in seamlessly. After that, you will be able to notice the increase in the sensitivity of the mouse.
3rd party software:
If you’re using a gaming mouse by Logitech, Razer, or Corsair, these come along with their software. With this software, you can change the DPI levels as well as the sensitivity. They also allow you to configure the RGB lighting with the programmable buttons on offer. However, these can only work when you’re using a gaming mouse.
Third-party software can often override the default mouse settings on your computer. If you have a gaming mouse, you can skip the procedure above and use the software which comes along with the mouse. It will provide you with an easy to understand interface which will help you in changing the sensitivity of your mouse.
You can easily download this third-party software from the Internet. However, you have to make sure that you are downloading the one provided by the manufacturer of your mouse. Third-party software is mostly model and makes specific, and that is why you cannot use any third-party software to change the sensitivity of your mouse. You have to keep this factor in mind before using any third-party software.
The best way to know about such third-party software is to go through the manual of your mouse. It will certainly inform you regarding the same.
So, if you want to customize the performance of your mouse, an essential step which you need to undertake is to change mouse sensitivity. It will also help you get accustomed to the mouse.
If you’re confused regarding how you can achieve that, you can follow our guide to know how to change mouse sensitivity depending on the operating system which you have. Once you follow our guide, you can easily customize the mouse to decrease your response time and to increase your mouse speed. It can prove to be a huge advantage when using your mouse for gaming.