How to Change Mouse DPI? [Step By Step Guide]
Last Updated On 25th January 2022
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Show Page Contents
The DPI level of the mouse can change its sensitivity. You can easily make the mouse cover more pixels when you move the mouse a single inch by increasing the DPI setting.
The only bit of problem which people often face is that they do not know precisely how to change the mouse dpi setting.
Once you know how to customize it, it is easy for you to make the mouse much more efficient. DPI stands for dots per inch.
Read also: What is Mouse DPI?
How to change your mouse dpi?
We will today share with you two different methods to help you out.
Method 1: Using the DPI button
The method which we are highlighting now will benefit you only if you have the DPI button on your mouse. Otherwise, you can use the second method.
- You have to look at the DPI button on the mouse. Generally, pressing it once will help you progress from one DPI level to another. The mouse, which has a DPI button, offers three different DPI levels. It can be just below the scroll bar or on the side of the mouse.
- When you press the button once, you will advance to the next DPI level. If you’re already on the highest DPI level, it will bring you back to the lowest DPI level.
With the help of a single press of a button, you can change the DPI setting of your mouse. If your mouse does not consist of a DPI button, method two will help you.
Method 2: Changing the DPI mouse settings through the operating system
The method which we are discussing now will work even if the mouse does not have the DPI button.
You can change the mouse sensitivity or the DPI using the operating system as well. The procedure which we will highlight below works with Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- First, you have to open the Control Panel and go to the mouse section.
- You have to open mouse properties.
- You have to open the Pointer Options tab.
- In the motion section, you have to tweak the sensitivity settings towards slow or fast to control the mouse in a better, convenient way.
- It is also advisable to uncheck the enhance pointer precision checkbox. It will ensure that the changes which you apply to the speed of your mouse will be uniformly applied.
- Before you click apply, it is advisable to test the mouse pointer to understand if it is good enough for you. Only once you are sure about the pointer speed, you can click apply and okay.
While the method might look lengthy, but once you start following the steps, you will be able to change the mouse settings within a couple of minutes.
You can even preview them by moving the cursor before clicking the apply button. It will help you fine-tune the mouse performance as per your requirement.
These are the two methods that you can use to change the sensitivity of your mouse. The first one uses the DPI button in the hardware that is in the mouse.
The second one uses the mouse sensitivity option in the Windows operating system. You can utilize any of these methods and change the mouse sensitivity at your convenience.
So, if you want to increase the DPI of the mouse, these are the two methods by which you can do so quite easily.
Now that you know the answer to the question of how to change mouse DPI? It is time that you improve the mouse performance and gain an edge in gaming as well as normal day-to-day operations.
It can minimize your hand movement while using the mouse and ensure that you can reach every part of the screen quite quickly.
your blog has some very nice info.