Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Show Page Contents
When you play video games, you want the best visuals possible to improve your game sessions. One way to ensure you get the most out of your time is to purchase the best gaming monitor possible for 4K visuals.
However, before you purchase your monitor, you need to keep a few things in mind to get the best bang for your buck.
First, you need a game monitor that can accommodate the speed at which you run your game’s app. if your visuals lag behind your actual actions, it could negatively affect your gameplay and cause you to lose when you otherwise wouldn’t.
Always be mindful of your game monitor frame rate before you purchase so that you know you get a monitor that can keep up with you.
You also need to consider the ideal screen size that you want for your setup. Some situations benefit from smaller screens, and other situations will accommodate large screens in the setup.
For example, large screens are great for people who want to fully immerse themselves in the world displayed on their screen. Alternatively, small screens are excellent for people who lack space or don’t want a massive game set up.
Please continue reading to learn everything you need to know about the top 4K monitors available and which one would be best for your game setup. We will discuss the pros, cons, and ideal situations for each monitor on our list. Our guide will help you select the best monitor within your price range and compare it with other monitors available.
10 Best 4k Gaming Monitors (2022 Update)
These are the best 4K gaming monitors available and the situations that will accommodate them best. Read through the pros and cons of the following monitors to determine which one you should buy to upgrade your gaming PC.
Buy on Amazon
The AOC U2790VQ is a 27-inch monitor with a 60 Hz refresh rate. This monitor works excellent for most setups and will keep up with your gameplay speed. In addition, the colors on this monitor are vibrant and allow you to immerse yourself into your virtual world seamlessly.
If you want an average-sized gaming monitor that gives you excellent visuals and keeps up with your gameplay, then the AOC U2790VQ is an option you should consider.
- A clear picture is excellent for gaming, photo editing, and video playing.
- This monitor has wide viewing angles and over a billion colors.
- Five-millisecond response time will keep up with your gameplay or streaming.
- Excellent color and contrast will help you immerse yourself in your gameplay session.
- This monitor is not too large or too small, so it will work in most game rooms without compromising your visuals.
- This monitor has a frameless design which is excellent for gamers looking for a minimalistic setup.
- This monitor doesn’t have USB ports which could clash with certain game setups. Therefore, this is not the right one if you need a monitor with USB ports.
Buy on Amazon
This 27-inch monitor has a gravity sensor and collaborated color accuracy to have the best 4K streaming experience possible. This monitor is also a fantastic option for people Looking for a middle price range because it only costs 400 dollars. Some different monitors cost a few hundred, and others can cost a thousand.
- USB C ports so you can connect most of your external devices or charge up your phone.
- This monitor has over 1 billion colors and accurately displays them based on their design in the game.
- You can pivot and adjust this monitor to face however you want while playing.
- A visual streaming and gaming experience is accurate to how your game creators or video creators intend for the colors to come across.
- The ability to plug other devices into this monitor to optimize your workspace using the USB C port.
- The monitor size can fit in most workstations, and the design isn’t too overwhelming, so I won’t distract you from what you’re doing.
- This monitor lacks contrast.
- This monitor doesn’t have any overdrive, so the reaction time might be slower than other 4K monitors.
Buy on Amazon
This 4K gaming monitor is excellent for any gamer because it has a very fast response time of only one millisecond. You can adjust this monitor by tilting it or turning it however you want, depending on how you like your game set up. This monitor is also optimized to minimize screen tearing and input lag.
- This monitor has a 27-inch display.
- The aspect ratio of this monitor is 16:9 with a viewing angle of 178 degrees.
- In addition, this monitor has an almost borderless display that will help you immerse yourself in what you’re doing.
- Because of the high refresh rate, there’s almost no input lag when you use this 4K monitor.
- The fast response time of this monitor means you will always perform your best without your visual slowing you down.
- This monitor is compatible with G-SYNC.
- Compared to other 4K monitors, this one has a low contrast ratio and fewer colors.
Buy on Amazon
The Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q is one of the most expensive options on our list, but if you can afford it, it’s worth the price. This monitor comes with a cleaning kit and two HDMI cables, so you don’t have to worry about going on a second shopping trip. In addition, plenty of bells and whistles come with the Dell Ultrasharp that might benefit your gaming experience.
- This monitor comes with 90 Watt USB C ports so you can charge up other devices quickly while using your computer.
- This monitor features a compact base, so you’ll still have plenty of desk room if you complete a lot of work on your computer.
- This bright display works great in rooms that have a lot of windows or get a lot of lighting.
- This monitor has a small base and USB C ports so that you can get a lot of work done at your computer with multiple devices and minimal clutter.
- This monitor has an anti-glare coating, so your gameplay or work won’t get interrupted by sunlight.
- You can view all angles with this monitor because it’s ergonomic.
- This monitor works great in great rooms with a lot of sunlight, but it’s not the best for dark-lit rooms because of its bright display. Unfortunately, the bright display can also make the dark colors appear inaccurate.
Buy on Amazon
The ViewSonic Elite XG320U has a 32-inch 4K display with a one-millisecond response time to give you a fantastic gaming experience. This fast response time and 150 Hertz refresh rate ensure that your games won’t lag from your display. This will be a fantastic option if you have the space to accommodate this monitor and the money to afford it.
- 150 Hertz refresh rate
- One-millisecond response time
- 32-inch 4K display
- This monitor is extremely ergonomic, making it perfect for gamers interested in esports.
- This monitor has a large range of colors and plenty of depth, so you can fully immerse yourself into your gaming experience.
- This monitor is adaptable and can be used for your council or your PC using the HDMI ports.
- This monitor comes with a USB port so you can plug in other devices while you play.
- The built-in speakers don’t get very loud, so you’ll need to purchase external speakers eventually.
- This monitor doesn’t work for all budgets.
Buy on Amazon
The Asus ROG Strix 27” is great for gamers because it has a clear picture and a quick response time. This monitor comes in a few different sizes to select the best size for your workspace or game setup. This monitor also provides all sorts of viewing angles to watch movies and play games while seeing everything.
- 27-inch or larger display with 144 Hertz refresh rate and one-millisecond response time
- G-Sync compatible
- 3840 x 2160 pixels resolution
- You can choose your screen size to best your game setup without compromising quality.
- This monitor is G-sync and Free Sync compatible.
- This monitor has a quick response time no matter which size you get it in, so you can game without worrying about lag.
- Because this monitor comes in different sizes, there are problems with how consistent the colors are on display.
Buy on Amazon
The Philips 276E8VJSB it’s a 4K monitor with a 27-inch display and over a billion colors. This monitor is one of the more affordable options at only 240 dollars and can get the job done. However, because of this monitor’s affordability, you make a few sacrifices with your gameplay. Nevertheless, this monitor is still one of the best for the sub-300 price range.
- 27-inch display at 3840 x 2160 pixels display resolution
- 60 Hz refresh rate
- Five-millisecond response time
- One of the most affordable 4K monitors out there that still gives you your basic needs for most gaming setups.
- This monitor has a bright display and many colors, so it works great in a bright room.
- This monitor is slim and light, so you can easily transport it and keep your desk open for other gaming supplies.
- The display is so bright it doesn’t work well in dark rooms because it will make dark colors on the screen look off.
Buy on Amazon
The Acer Predator XB273K features a 27-inch display and is compatible with HDR. Unfortunately, this will not be a good option if you want a seamless look without a border because this monitor has a thick border. However, this monitor also doesn’t lag during gameplay and has a vast color spectrum, making it worth it for some gamers.
- 144 Hz refresh rate
- 27 inch 3840 x 2160 pixel resolution display
- One-millisecond response time
- If you have the right GPU to accommodate this monitor, you can run 4K at 144 Hertz, which is impressive compared to most other 4K monitors.
- The colors on display are extremely accurate, and these colors work both in bright game rooms and dark ones.
- This monitor is compatible with G-Sync.
- This monitor is expensive.
- This monitor has a thick border which can be unappealing for some setups.
Buy on Amazon
For about $550, this monitor gives you the most bells and whistles in the middle of the price range. However, despite this monitor’s features, these features aren’t always optimal. You get the most stuff, but you might sacrifice some quality to get these bells and whistles for such a low price.
- Speakers built into the monitor
- USB C ports
- Eyecare sensor
- 27-inch display
- This monitor is great for people looking to purchase one item that can do a lot of stuff. For example, people with limited workspace would benefit from this monitor because many benefits are built in.
- It is extremely affordable for all the stuff that comes with this monitor.
- This monitor has low input lag.
- The speakers built into the monitor aren’t that great.
- This monitor doesn’t give you that many USB C ports, and its ports are placed oddly.
- The stand has a limited range of motion, so you might be unable to adjust the monitor where you need it for your game setup.
Buy on Amazon
The Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX is the most expensive monitor on our list, which means it has a lot to live up to if the price is worth it. This monitor comes with all the bells and whistles you would expect and has an excellent display with a full range of colors.
However, many would argue that it doesn’t live up to the price. You can also get this monitor and all sorts of sizes so it can fit any game setup.
- Four-millisecond response time
- 144 Hz refresh rate
- 3840 x 2160 display resolution that comes in all sorts of sizes.
- Beautiful images with accurate colors that help you immerse yourself into your gameplay
- Excellent G-Sync functionality, so your games run smoothly
- High-quality HDR because of the LED backlights on the display
- 4K monitors have a faster response time for cheaper
- Extremely expensive by anyone’s standards
- This monitor doesn’t have motion blur or duction, which is unfortunate because it performs well in other display aspects.
Do Gamers Use 4K Monitors?
The use of 4K monitors is controversial in the gaming industry because some people like them for the high image resolution, but others don’t feel it’s worth it. In addition, 4K monitors take up a lot of energy from your GPU, so you need an expensive and up-to-date setup to run a 4K monitor while gaming.
However, a 4K monitor could help you immerse yourself into your story if you play games that don’t require extremely accurate response times.
If you’re the type of person who cares about the visuals of a video game more than how fast it runs, then there’s nothing wrong with purchasing a 4K monitor, and you could get great satisfaction from it.
Alternatively, suppose you don’t care too much about your picture’s colors or sharpness and are more concerned about fast reaction times. In that case, a 4K monitor might not be the right choice. to determine if a 4K monitor is worth it, you should look at the games you play and figure out what you like best about them.
There’s no right or wrong way to enjoy video games, and every gamer has different opinions about 4K monitors. Therefore, you need to think about your personal preferences and budget before deciding if you should purchase a 4K monitor for your game setup.
What is the Best GPU for 4K Monitors?
4K monitors will choir the most up-to-date GPU you can afford because they take up a lot of energy and work from your computer. To find out if your graphic card can support 4K, you need to make sure not the resolution of the GPU is 3840×2160. Anything that doesn’t reach this number cannot run 4K monitors at their highest resolution.
If you already purchased a 4K monitor without checking your GPU and you discover that your GPU is incompatible, then don’t worry too much. You can still use your monitor. Unfortunately, it won’t display 4K resolution, so that might have been a bit of a waste of money for now.
However, you can decide to either hang on to the monitor or return it for a monitor that matches your GPU.
If you want to game in 4K, you need the most up-to-date computer parts you can get your hands on because 4K requires a lot of support.
What is the Best Sized Monitor for Gamers?
Some people assume that a larger monitor is the best option for gamers, but this is a common misconception. Most gamers agree that the best size monitor you can get sore gaming is about 27 inches because it’s not too big or too small and won’t strain your eyes. People need to remember that you shouldn’t buy a monitor the size of a TV if you’re sitting close to it, as most people do.
However, if you sit far away from your monitor or use your monitor for the council instead of a PC, you might want to purchase a larger one. The perfect size monitor for your game experience depends on your game room set up and how close you sit to your screen.
If you sit close to your screen as most people do at a standard desk, then 27 inches is perfect for minimizing how much your eyes strained to see what happens on your screen.
What is the Best Resolution for Gaming?
4K is great for gaming if you can afford all the other PC necessities you need to run your gameplay smoothly. For example, if you’re not in the right financial place to buy the most up-to-date GPU, then a 4K monitor would not be a good option for you and could be a great waste of money.
Alternatively, if you haven’t an outdated GPU or don’t have the highest spec GPU, you should use an A1440P monitor instead of 4K.
Everything about your PC build depends on your gaming preferences and what matters to you when it comes to gaming. For instance, if you don’t care too much about how the visuals look, then there would be no use for you to buy a 4K setup. 4K setups are ideal for people who care about the sharpness of their images, color quality, and depth.
Do 4K Monitors Work for Consoles?
To determine if your 4K monitor will work for console gaming, you need to ensure it has the right HDMI ports that are compatible with your console. Also, older consoles won’t support 4K, and it could be a waste of money to purchase a 4K monitor if you’re using an older console.
If you use a 4K monitor for console gaming, you need to know that you are pushing the limits of your console. Newburgh game systems just recently gained the ability to work with 4K monitors and TVs.
Choosing the best 4K monitor for you depends on how you have your gaming setup and what you’re looking for in your monitor. For example, if you’re looking for an affordable monitor that will provide you with all sorts of bells and whistles, you would benefit from the BenQ EL2870U 4K monitor.
However, if all the bells and whistles are unnecessary and you’re looking for a good middle-of-the-price monitor, then the Dell Ultrasharp U2720Q might be a better option.
Before you purchase a 4K monitor, you need to ensure that you have an up-to-date GPU that can run in 4K. Older GPUs or GPUs with lower resolutions cannot accommodate 4K gameplay, and purchasing a 4K monitor in this situation would be a waste of money.
It would be best if you took the time to consider the pros and cons of 4K gaming before you purchase your monitor because 4K gameplay requires more power than lower resolutions.